This is a one to two-year paid internship/residency with housing provided. A permanent, full-time position could be extended upon completion. The primary duties include administering Jr. and Sr. High Student Ministry as well as 3 to 5 hours of weekly tech responsibilities for the Sunday services. Tech software training is provided. This is a 30 hour per week position.
- Model a Christ-centered lifestyle inside and outside of ministry.
- Establish positive and encouraging relationships with students by investing in their lives.
- Administrate and execute Wednesday evening youth ministry, providing fun activities and
- Develop and lead quarterly outreach events that give students a special opportunity to
invite friends to the youth ministry.
- Attend the youth Sunday school class and teach as needed.
- Manage the student ministry budget.
- Recruit and develop volunteer leaders, empowering them to share in ministry responsibilities.
- Provide monthly communication to parents using all mediums available.
- Provide an annual hands-on opportunity for service to the community or a mission trip.
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Possess a heart for youth.
- Take initiative, be self-directed, able to lead a team with respect for all.
- Teach according to the Biblical doctrine of First Baptist Church (see attached).
Abilities and Skills:
- Effective communicator and organizer who can recruit and delegate.
- Knowledge of Youth Ministry and Christian Education concepts and methods.
- Willing to learn and receive additional training for church service tech and online streaming.
Student or graduate of a school of ministry/Bible college.
Up to $25,000 for 30 hours per week and housing.
Youth Ministry Budget:
Up to $5,000 annually. We also encourage one to two annual fundraisers for goal-oriented projects (mission trips, retreats, etc.)
If interested please contact:
Pastor Brad Martin
700 S. Capitol St. Pekin, IL 65114